Updated on September 19, 2017
ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner Product Review
The ILIFE A4s robot vacuum cleaner offers an automated way to keep your floors vacuumed to free up your valuable time. While it’s a high quality product, there are some drawbacks to note. Check out this detailed product review to see if this robotic vacuum cleaner is right for you!
Keeping your Airbnb listing spotless is a constant struggle. People are constantly coming walking in and out and tracking dirt all around around my house. I have found myself vacuuming daily (or even multiple times a day!) just to keep things presentable. In order to keep my place looking its best and save some time and worry, I set out to find a robot vacuum cleaner to assist me!
I spent an insane amount of time scouring the internet for the ideal robot vacuum cleaner that would fulfill my cleaning needs, make my life easier, and not break the bank at the same time. After going through many options and countless reviews, I took the plunge and purchased the ILIFE A4s vacuum cleaner.
I’ve been using it for a while now, and I’ve put together my list of pros and cons.
Pros / Advantages – ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Cleaning Power – This robot vacuum cleaner sucks! My floors are a challenge for vacuum cleaners as I have a dog who sheds shamelessly as well as foot traffic that brings in dirt, sand, and leaves. The floors in the kitchen gets dirty from spilled spices and piece of food that didn’t quite make it on the plate. Unless it’s a large chunk of something, the ILIFE A4s picks it up with strong suction and its dirt collecting bristles and brushes.
- Multiple Surfaces – My home has rugs, hardwood, carpet, and tile floors. The ILIFE A4s has no problem going from the hardwood up onto the rug and back down. It also cruises over my tile floors which are less even than they should be. I was very nervous that I’d end up with a robot vacuum that couldn’t handle this terrain, but the ILIFE A4s does the trick no problem!
- Automatic Docking and Charging – The ILIFE A4s takes away the worry of it running out of batteries or getting lost in the house. It will automatically dock itself in the docking and charging station and recharge its batteries.
- Inexpensive Filter and Brush Replacements – Many products on the market have are even more expensive to maintain than to purchase in the first place. The ILIFE A4s has inexpensive filter and brush replacements to keep your robot cleaning at its best!
- Easy Emptying and Filter Change Out – It’s very simple to empty the debris chamber and change filters. You probably won’t even need the instructions at all, but it comes with instructions any way. My advice here is to open the debris chamber over the trash can so you don’t spill it on the floor.
- Cleaning Corners and Edges – You may be thinking, ‘how can a round robot clean the corner of the room?’ Well, with brushes that spin and extend out, the ILIFE A4s is able to brush and collect dirt and fur from the corners of the room. My corner tend to collect dog fur and the ILIFE A4s sucks it right up!
- Doesn’t Fall Off Stairs – Yup, this thing is smart enough not to fall of steps or other ledges in your home!
- Extremely Quiet – The ILIFE A4s runs very quietly. It doesn’t disturb me our my Airbnb guests at all as it runs during the day. If you don’t like it running while you or your guests are around, just set it to run while you’re away.
- Scheduling – It is very simple to schedule the vacuum to run. I like to do this so it’ll run while I’m out of the house so my floor cleaning is all done when I get home from my day job. It’s so nice to come home and have one less thing to worry about!
- Battery Life – While I’m not sure how long it will run until it fully dies, the ILIFE A4s definitely can clean for over an hour on a single battery before going back to recharge. That’s more than enough time for it to clean my kitchen, living, dining room, and office.
Cons / Disadvantages – ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Capacity – In general, these robot vacuum cleaners do not have any where close the storage capacity of traditional upright vacuums. The automated robots have a slim profile and just don’t have the room to handle it. This is more of a disadvantage of this type of vacuum cleaner in general and less a disadvantage of the ILIFE A4s, specifically.
- Cost – Depending on how you look at it, cost could be an advantage or a disadvantage. In comparison to other robot vacuums, the ILIFE A4s is on the less expensive side of things (compared to the iRobot Roomba, it’s a quarter of the price!). That being said, it’s also not a cheap item. I put cost in the disadvantage list because I felt some apprehension around spending this much on the product, but if you are already sold on getting an automatic robot vacuum of some kind, this is definitely an advantage for you!
- Getting Stuck – Unfortunately, the ILIFE A4s can get stuck. If you have a couch or a table with cross beam that is at a the perfectly imperfect height, the vacuum can get stuck. It got stuck against my couch one time, but haven’t run into that issue again, so take that for what you will.
- Narrow Spaces – The vacuum cannot reach narrow spaces or areas with access that have very low clearances. I find that cleaning under some chairs is the biggest issue for me. If you don’t have any chairs legs that are close together or have bars near the floor, then you have nothing to fear!
Overall Rating – 4.5 Stars
Based on the pros and cons, I give the ILIFE A4s robot vacuum cleaner a 4.5 star rating. My favorite advantages of this vacuum are the complete floor coverage and automatic docking/charging. I find the biggest drawback to be the vacuum capacity, but it still can go multiple days without filling up even with my shedding companion. Overall, this vacuum has been a very useful and valuable addition to my home!
More of the best Airbnb hosting tips to come!